• Face facts: Sea Fire multifunction radar takes shape for FTI frigate

    Key Points Thales is developing the Sea Fire multifunction radar for the French Navy’s FTI frigate A first fully populated AESA antenna face has begun tower testing at Limours Thales Land & Air Systems – France has commenced far field antenna testing of its new Sea Fire S-band

  • QinetiQ bolsters training offerings with Inzpire takeover

    QinetiQ announced on 22 October that it will acquire an initial 85% of UK-based training and mission system provider Inzpire in a deal valued at GBP23.5 million (USD30.7 million). QinetiQ will also acquire the remaining 15% of the company over a two-year period. The acquisition is expected to

  • Royal Canadian Air Force boosts pilot production rates without additional resources or aircraft

    Key Points The RCAF boosted its pilot production rates to record levels without adding new aircraft or funding The service had instructors initially focus on basic parts of the syllabus and get better input from students on strengths and weaknesses The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) used better

  • UMS Skeldar to launch production line in Finland

    UMS Skeldar has signed an agreement with Scanfil to develop a new production line for the manufacture of the V-200B unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Under the new agreement announced on 22 October, Scanfil will produce the airframe and install elements including the engine at its Åtvidaberg,

  • USAF’s Afghan bombing figures to August surpass total for 2017

    The US Air Force (USAF) released more munitions over Afghanistan during the first eight months of 2018 than during the whole of the previous year, according to US Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT). Recently released AFCENT data shows that 4,429 munitions were dropped in the Central Asian country

Subscribe to Industry for access to more latest Industry news, analysis and data
  • RG31 gets TRT-30 weapon system

    South Africa’s Denel Vehicle Systems has developed, using internal research and development funding, a new version of its RG31 Mk5 4×4 mine protected vehicle as a mobile gun platform called the Ibululu. The baseline RG31 is typically used as an armoured personnel carrier (APC) with the
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT