CONTENT PREVIEW
Industry

Cubic completes Pixia purchase

08 January 2020
Follow

US-based Cubic Corporation has completed its previously disclosed acquisition of Pixia Corporation, which provides imagery management software to US defence and intelligence agencies.

Cubic, which bought 20% of Pixia in June 2019 for USD50 million, has purchased the remaining 80% for USD200 million, according to a 6 January announcement.

Cubic said in November that owning all of Pixia would enhance its ability to manage massive amounts of imagery from aircraft, satellites, and other sources and provide that information in real time to troops on a battlefield.

Pixia, which is based in Herndon, Virginia, and has about 40 employees, will become a stand-alone entity within C2ISR Solutions, part of Cubic's Mission Solutions business.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to Jane's unrivalled data and insight, learn more about our subscription options at janes.com/products





(137 of 230 words)
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT