Land Platforms

Switzerland procures Eagle for TASYS tactical reconnaissance requirement

09 December 2019

The Swiss procurement authority, Armasuisse, signed a contract with General Dynamics European Land Systems (GDELS) - Mowag on 18 November to provide 100 Eagle 6×6 protected vehicles for its Taktisches Aufklärungssystem (Tactical Reconnaissance System, TASYS) requirement, the company announced on 5 December.

Switzerland's TASYS variant of the Eagle 6x6 vehicle (GDELS)Switzerland's TASYS variant of the Eagle 6x6 vehicle (GDELS)

For the TASYS requirement, the 6×6 version of the Eagle vehicle will be fitted with an 8 m telescoping multi-sensor mast and a suite of equipment for operators to collect, analyse, and disseminate the information from within the vehicle.

The contract value has not been disclosed but the Swiss Armed Forces cited a CHF380 million (USD384 million) budget allocation for the programme on its website on 25 June, with 63% of this value stated to be invested in local industry and the remaining 37% used for direct and indirect investment abroad.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to Jane’s unrivalled data and insight, learn more about our subscription options at

(158 of 348 words)