Boeing, Embraer prepare to launch KC-390 joint venture

03 October 2019

Boeing and Embraer are preparing to launch a joint venture based on marketing the new Embraer KC-390 transport plane, the two companies said on 3 October.

“We are working through the details of the entity name as well as those related to the leadership team,” Embraer spokesman Valtecio Alencar said. “We will make an announcement once all is finalised.”

The planned partnership, unveiled in December 2018, calls for Brazil-based Embraer to own 51% of the joint venture and US-based Boeing to own the other 49%.

The companies noted that the KC-390 recently achieved two milestones. In September the Brazilian Air Force took delivery of the first plane and in July Portugal became the first export customer.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at

(140 of 187 words)