At DSEi 2019 in London, Rohde & Schwarz demonstrates its proficiency as a systems partner and integrator who plans, develops and implements secure communications architectures and networks. SOVERON provides digital sovereignty throughout the chains of command for all branches of the armed forces.
London, September 10, 2019 - Digital sovereignty and technological independence are extremely crucial for government customers with security-critical applications. Rohde & Schwarz presents SOVERON at this year's DSEi, taking place in London, Great Britain from 10 to 13 September 2019, on booth S1-350.
SOVERON gives government customers a secure, high-performance network architecture consisting of state-of-the-art, innovative hardware and software, cryptology and intelligent routing. It takes into account their security and national interests and enables them to achieve information superiority.
Germany's procurement agency BAAINBw awarded a modernization contract of PUMA infantry fighting vehicles (IFV) and other German Army equipment for NATO's Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF) 2023. In this context, the seamless command radio link for the PUMA IFV for VJTF 2023, including connecting the infantryman of the future (IdZ-ES) to the vehicle, is provided by Rohde & Schwarz, supplying the latest tactical SDR together with suitable waveforms, integration, training and services.
The SOVERON family works with the high data rate jam resistant SOVERON WAVE for tactical rugged use on the first mile. All members of the SOVERON WAVE offer mobile ad hoc network (MANET) functionality.
As key components of the SOVERON communications system architecture, Rohde & Schwarz' innovative SOVERON SDRs are available for tactical communications scenarios and for deployment on airborne platforms:
• SOVERON HR covers the "first mile" with a secure and trustworthy handheld SDR suitable for dismounted applications;
• SOVERON VR is optimized for vehicle-based communications and covers the complete VHF/UHF frequency range;
• SOVERON AR is the newest member of the SDR family for deployment on airborne platforms and can also be used as a certified civil ATC radio.
• SOVERON WAVE is a family of high data rate and jam-resistant IP based waveforms with low latency and MANET capability;
• SOVERON NETWORK MANAGEMENT enables network planning, radio network planning and data distribution in a secure environment;
• SOVERON LAB enables development of modern and complex waveforms, protecting intellectual property rights of the original waveform owners and ensures national crypto customization;
• SOVERON CRYPTO is a state-of-the-art security management system for the SOVERON software defined radio family for managing security-critical elements in tactical radio and IP networks;
• Other OEM equipment such as routers and switches for tactical and stationary use complement the portfolio in the tactical range.
In naval communications, SOVERON is responsible for external communications in a joint environment within a formation, up to Fleet Command and other forces.
Europe (headquarters): Dennis-Peter Merklinghaus (phone: +49 89 4129 15671; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) North America: Pam Sanders (phone: +1 410 910 7908; email: email@example.com)
Asia Pacific: Wen Shi Tong (phone: +65 6 307-0029; email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contacts for readers:
Customer Support Europe, Africa, Middle East: +49 89 4129 12345 email@example.com Customer Support North America: +1 888 TEST RSA (+1 888 837 87 72) firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support Latin America: +1 410 910 79 88 email@example.com
Customer Support Asia Pacific: +65 65 13 04 88 firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support China: +86 800 810 8228 or +86 400 650 5896 email@example.com
Rohde & Schwarz
The Rohde & Schwarz technology group develops, produces and markets innovative communications, information and security products for professional users. The group's test and measurement, broadcast and media, aerospace | defense | security, networks and cybersecurity business fields address many different industry and government-sector market segments. On June 30, 2018, Rohde & Schwarz had approximately 11,500 employees. The independent group achieved a net revenue of approximately EUR 2 billion in the 2017/2018 fiscal year (July to June). The company has its headquarters in Munich, Germany. Internationally, it has subsidiaries in more than 70 countries, with regional hubs in Asia and America.
R&S ® and SOVERON ® are registered trademarks of Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG.
All press releases, including photos for downloading, are available on the Internet at http://www.press.rohde-schwarz.com.
This Press Release originates from a third party not associated with IHS Janes. Any comments, opinions and discussions by any third parties are not the views of IHS Janes and as such IHS Janes cannot accept responsibility or liability for the content of this Press Release. IHS Janes grants no rights to reproduce or use this content in any manner whatsoever. For more information on how your company can become part of this service please e-mail PressReleasesServices@ihsmarkit.com.