CONTENT PREVIEW
Industry

Leonardo establishes helicopter JV with Algeria

26 March 2019
Follow

The Algerian Ministry of National Defence and Leonardo have formed a joint venture (JV) for the domestic assembly, sale, and support of Leonardo’s helicopters.

The Algerian government will own 51% of the JV and the company the remaining 49%. The JV will be based at a new facility in Aïn Arnat, Sétif Province, which will be operational as of 2021, according to Leonardo.

The JV follows the signing of an industrial and trade partnership agreement between the two organisations in August 2016 and will facilitate Algeria’s fleet of helicopters, as well as provide maintenance and training services, although it will also target export opportunities.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihsmarkit.com/janes





(128 of 455 words)
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT