Finmeccanica's new Selex business takes shape
By Luca Peruzzi
The new structure of the merged Finmeccanica and Selex businesses integrating Selex Galileo, Selex Sistemi Integrati, and Selex Elsag was officially unveiled by the company on 11 November.
"We have achieved significant progress towards a unified Selex, with the top management fully empowered, a designed organisational structure, a business plan presented to the unions, and a unified budget plan starting from January 2013," said Finmeccanica Chief Operating Officer (COO) Alessandro Pansa during the group's third quarter results presentation on 8 November.
Operational from 1 January, the new company will be led by Executive Chairman Allan Cook and CEO Fabrizio Giulianini.
Selex Electronic Systems will have a workforce of approximately 17,900, revenues in excess of EUR3.5billion (USD4.4 billion), and will be organised in three main divisions: air and space; land and naval; and security and smart systems.
The first division will include all of the company's airborne capabilities, technologies, and products, while the second will deal with land and naval domains, from complex to tactical systems integration to naval combat management systems, sensors, and military communication infrastructures. The third division will cover network infrastructures and systems architecture for homeland protection, information technology, and air and maritime control systems.199 of 534 words
- Russia, US SSBN patrol figures revealed
- USN prepares for inaugural catapult launch of X-47B from aircraft carrier
- Militants improvise MANPADS batteries
- US air advisors to remain in Afghanistan post-2014
- USN's X-47B headed for first trap landing on board carrier at sea
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- IDEF 2013: TAI reveals fifth generation fighter designs
- EU defence community prepares for December council
- Indian government rejects military options over China border row
- UK wraps up UAV experiment