UTC completes Goodrich acquisition
By Guy Anderson
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has finally completed the USD18.4 billion acquisition of Goodrich Corporation, creating a new aerospace systems business with a payroll of 40,000 and annual sales in the region of USD12 billion.
Completion of the purchase, which was first announced in September 2011, was announced on 14 August.
The deal valued at USD16.5 billion, or USD18.4 billion with the assumption of Goodrich's debt marks the biggest acquisition in UTC's history and the largest aerospace acquisition of its kind in the last decade. It is the biggest UTC deal since the acquisition of Sundstrand for USD4 billion in 2009.
Prior to completion of the deal, UTC announced a series of changes to its structure to take into account the addition of Goodrich.125 of 296 words
- Philippine air chief says Italy will provide attack helicopters
- Germany axes Euro Hawk
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- USN's X-47B headed for first trap landing on board carrier at sea
- Rheinmetall debuts Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk 2
- US Army trains with SpotterRF's man-portable radar
- Boeing poised to begin flight-testing Advanced Super Hornet features
- Northrop Grumman tests B-2 anti-jamming satcomms system without USAF's preferred radio
- India fails to make progress with AW101 inquiry
- Russia, US SSBN patrol figures revealed