Russia continues ICBM upgrades
By David C Isby
Russia's 54th Guards Missile Division, headquartered at Teykovo in Ivanovo oblast, is to be re-equipped with its final batch of new Yars mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) by the end of August, according to Major General Sergei Siver, Commander of Russia's 27th Guards Missile Army.
In a 7 June interview on Rossiya-24 television, Maj Siver also said the 60th Missile Division, headquartered at Tatishchevo, Saratov oblast, is completing the re-equipment of its sixth missile regiment with the Topol-M ICBM.
Earlier, Strategic Rocket Forces (SRF) spokesman Colonel Vadim Koval had announced that the 29th Missile Division, headquartered at Irkutsk, was preparing to start conversion from its Topol (SS-25 'Sickle) missiles to the Yars.112 of 404 words
- Philippine air chief says Italy will provide attack helicopters
- Boeing poised to begin flight-testing Advanced Super Hornet features
- Boeing unveils Phantom Badger
- Germany axes Euro Hawk
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- Al-Qusayr battle is critical for Syrian government
- Rheinmetall debuts Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk 2
- India fails to make progress with AW101 inquiry
- Assailants kill UK soldier in London
- Executive Overview: Jane's All the World's Aircraft: Development & Production