China markets CS/VP3 MRAP vehicle
By Christopher F Foss
China's Poly Technologies has developed a new mine-resistant ambush protected (MRAP)-type vehicle designated CS/VP3.
The vehicle has a gross vehicle weight of 15 tonnes, with its traditional V-shaped lower hull offering protection against anti-tank mines containing 8 kg of TNT under the hull and 16 kg under one of the four wheelstations. The all-welded steel hull also provides protection against 7.62 mm ball in its baseline form, but this can be increased to 7.62 mm armour piercing (AP) with appliqué armour.
CS/VP3 is powered by a diesel engine of unspecified size/type, but which gives a maximum road speed of 100 km/h and a range of up to 800 km.109 of 256 words
- USN's X-47B headed for first trap landing on board carrier at sea
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- Russia, US SSBN patrol figures revealed
- Militants improvise MANPADS batteries
- Germany axes Euro Hawk
- US Army trains with SpotterRF's man-portable radar
- IMDEX Asia 2013: Two-ship programme firms up for Indonesian PKR frigate
- UK wraps up UAV experiment
- IDEF 2013: TAI reveals fifth generation fighter designs
- Northrop Grumman tests B-2 anti-jamming satcomms system without USAF's preferred radio