US special forces prepare for additional SCAR influx
By Andrew White
Initial fielding of FNH USA's Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) to the US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) is expected to conclude in December and a larger follow-on order is anticipated in early 2010 to fully equip the majority of associated units within the group.
A total of 1,200 Mk 16 and Mk 17 SCAR weapon systems have been delivered to SOCOM to date, but FNH USA told Jane's that it expected a larger order for around 20,000 weapons next year.
The additional orders are expected to include approximately 15,000 5.56 mm Mk 16 SCAR-Light and 5,000 Mk 17 7.62 mm SCAR-Heavy weapons as well as a number of 40 mm Mk 13 Enhanced Grenade Launcher Modules.118 of 405 words
- Philippine air chief says Italy will provide attack helicopters
- Germany axes Euro Hawk
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- USN's X-47B headed for first trap landing on board carrier at sea
- Rheinmetall debuts Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk 2
- US Army trains with SpotterRF's man-portable radar
- Boeing poised to begin flight-testing Advanced Super Hornet features
- Northrop Grumman tests B-2 anti-jamming satcomms system without USAF's preferred radio
- India fails to make progress with AW101 inquiry
- Russia, US SSBN patrol figures revealed