Greece takes delivery of first F-16 Block 52+
By Theodore L Valmas
The Hellenic Air Force took delivery of its first four Lockheed Martin F-16C Block 52+ combat aircraft on 22 May.
The aircraft, the first of 20 single-seat F-16Cs and 10 two-seat F-16Ds to be delivered under the country's Peace Xenia IV programme, were delivered to Araxos Air Base, home of the 116 Combat Wing. The remaining 26 aircraft should be delivered by March 2010.
The first aircraft will be operated by 335 Squadron (Tiger), which is the receiving unit of all new aircraft and will be responsible for the type achieving its initial operating capability (IOC).96 of 214 words
- Russia, US SSBN patrol figures revealed
- USN prepares for inaugural catapult launch of X-47B from aircraft carrier
- Militants improvise MANPADS batteries
- US air advisors to remain in Afghanistan post-2014
- USN's X-47B headed for first trap landing on board carrier at sea
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- IDEF 2013: TAI reveals fifth generation fighter designs
- EU defence community prepares for December council
- Indian government rejects military options over China border row
- UK wraps up UAV experiment