China markets CS/VP3 MRAP vehicle
By Christopher F Foss
China's Poly Technologies has developed a new mine-resistant ambush protected (MRAP)-type vehicle designated CS/VP3.
The vehicle has a gross vehicle weight of 15 tonnes, with its traditional V-shaped lower hull offering protection against anti-tank mines containing 8 kg of TNT under the hull and 16 kg under one of the four wheelstations. The all-welded steel hull also provides protection against 7.62 mm ball in its baseline form, but this can be increased to 7.62 mm armour piercing (AP) with appliqué armour.
CS/VP3 is powered by a diesel engine of unspecified size/type, but which gives a maximum road speed of 100 km/h and a range of up to 800 km.109 of 256 words
- Philippine air chief says Italy will provide attack helicopters
- Boeing poised to begin flight-testing Advanced Super Hornet features
- Boeing unveils Phantom Badger
- Germany axes Euro Hawk
- The Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future US Navy: Enabling the distributed force
- Al-Qusayr battle is critical for Syrian government
- Rheinmetall debuts Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk 2
- India fails to make progress with AW101 inquiry
- Assailants kill UK soldier in London
- Executive Overview: Jane's All the World's Aircraft: Development & Production