LONDON (14 December 2018) – IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced that the nomination period has closed for the Jane’s ATC Awards 2018.
Held annually since 2001, the awards celebrate improvements in air traffic control (ATC) and airspace management over the previous year. A high-level, independent panel of judges is now considering 29 entries across six categories.
A shortlist will be drawn up in January 2018 for each category before the winners are announced on 6 March at an awards ceremony during the World ATM Congress 2018 in Madrid. The Jane’s ATC Awards ceremony will be open to all visitors of the show. To register for World ATM Congress, follow the link on janes.com/ATCAwards.
A list of the entries in alphabetical order follows, with a brief description. More information on all nominations will be published on janesairport360.com and in the March 2018 edition of Jane's Airport Review.
- ACR - Tailor-made ANS provision for Terminal ANS (T-ANS)
- Austro Control on behalf of SECSI consortium - South East Common Sky Initiative Free Route Airspace (SECSI FRA)
- Bologna University on behalf of RETINA project partners – SESAR research project RETINA: synthetic vision and augmented reality for ATC towers
- DECEA - Implementation of Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA) concept for Brazilian Air Force Academy training areas
- DFS and Indra Sistemas – Entry into regular operations of iCAS automation system
- DSAé and partner – Introducing IFR operations for unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) into controlled airspace
- DSNA and partner – First operational implementation in Europe of RECAT EU wake vortex re-categorization
- ENAIRE – Integrated VoIP communications system in REDAN network
- EUROCONTROL and SESAR JU – Delivery of CNS Evolution Roadmap and Strategy Edition 1
- FAA and MITRE Corporation - National Airspace System (NAS) Operations Dashboard
- FAB CE Aviation Services – Completion of first FAB CE joint equipment procurement programme
- Frequentis and partners – Start of live N-VCS VoIP voice communications operations for FABEC
- Imtradex - AirTalk 3000 XD Flex headset
- Inmarsat Aviation - SwiftBroadband-Safety satellite communications platform for the flight deck
- Kazaeronavigatsia – Electronic record system for maintenance of radio-technical equipment
- Government of Kiribati and Orion Solar - Airport lighting for Bonriki International Airport
- Israel Airports Authority and UFA - Realistic emergency team co-ordination training at Ben Gurion Airport
- LFV - Runway Incursion Prevention Programme (RIPP) in Sweden
- MUAC and Slovenia Control - ATM Data as a Service project
- NAV CANADA – Common Hardware Integration Platform (CHIP) modernization program
- Network Manager, Safety Improvement Sub Group - Development of the European Action Plan for the prevention of Runway Incursions, version 3.0 (EAPPRI v3.0)
- NITA - Implementation of ATM automation system for Krasnoyarsk Consolidated ATM Centre, Russia
- NUAC– Introduction of a Joint Programme Office (JPO) for efficient deployment across the Danish/Swedish FAB
- R-SYS, a subsidiary of ERA – IXO System for ATM of unmanned aircraft (UTM)
- Searidge Technologies and HungaroControl – First certified remote tower for medium-capacity airports
- Swedavia - Environmental analysis of flight operations for Åre Östersund Airport by LFV
- Terma – SCANTER 4002 X-band radar for wind turbine mitigation
- Unifly – Unifly UTM system
- Xsight Systems – Runway Black Box surveillance system
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.
About the Jane's ATC Awards
Held annually since 2001, the awards celebrate improvements in ATC and airspace management during the past year across six categories:
- Enabling technology: contributions to enhanced capacity and safety;
- Environment: recognizing work on 'green' ATM concepts;
- Industry: reflecting a significant contribution by equipment suppliers
- Technology: for small enterprises that have raised ATM performance;
- Service Provision: for contribution to safe and efficient airspace management;
- Runway: for safety and efficiency on the runway and final approach
Nominations are assessed by a panel of judges from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Eurocontrol, the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers' Association (IFATCA), Jane's and the SESAR JU.
The judges award points for entries that meet the following criteria:
- An improvement in safety, capacity and efficiency that is quantified
- A customer assessment of the performance of a product or service
- A new concept that delivers measurable benefit
- Activity which goes beyond the scope of normal operations by an organization or individual
- Collaborative activity that results in cost savings, sharing best practice and improving safety
- Innovation in any area of air traffic control