CONTENT PREVIEW
Industry

GD-OTS awarded contract for Pakistan’s AH-1Z programme

11 December 2017

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) has been awarded a USD9.06 million contract to supply 41 A/A49E-7 (V4) Point Fire and Suppression System (PFSS) gun turrets for Bell AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters in support of the US Marine Corps (USMC) and the government of Pakistan.

The US Department of Defense (DoD) announced on 7 December that the Pakistani portion of the contract, which is being awarded under the US Foreign Military Sales programme, covers USD3.09 million or 34% of the deal, while the USMC portion covers the remaining USD5.97 million or 66%.

Work will be performed in Williston, Vermont (50%); and Saco, Maine (50%), and is expected to be completed by August 2021.



(114 of 356 words)
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT