The Executive Committee (EC) of Turkey’s Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) discussed 22 defence industry projects worth around USD5 billion during a meeting on 2 November.
A statement released by the SSM, chaired by Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, named the projects decided on without elaborating on what decisions were made.
The projects are:
- development of national long-range air and missile defence systems
- missiles and smart ammunition
- electronic jamming and electronic warfare systems
- various calibres of grenade launchers
- rifle and pistol development and serial production
- naval platforms, their missiles, and other weapon systems
- modernisation, development, and additional serial production of combat and general purpose helicopters
Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact